Job recruitment at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Req ID: 21257226
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Technology Project Management
- Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business.
- Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
- As the world’s most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We’re not just building technology, we’re building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
- The IT Project Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational / service leadership and direction to team(s).
- Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services.
- May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required.
- Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets.
- Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function / job family.
- Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Manages technical components of moderately complex IT projects.
- Coordinates activities of the project team, identifies necessary resources and develops schedules to meet completion deadlines.
- Evaluates subordinates’ performance and makes decisions on pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.
- Verifies team adherence to control and risk implementations as well as standards and process changes.
- Identifies scope and impact of project risks and issues; raises and resolves issues.
- Applies good understanding of concepts and procedures within own IT project leadership area to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the IT project leadership area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and contribution to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures; influences resource planning.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Qualification and Work Experience
- Min. 1st Degree or equivalent in any discipline plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification;
- Minimum 15 Years of Post-Graduation Work Experience;
- Minimum 10 Years of Experience in Banking;
- 3 years as Senior Manager or equivalent with experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Title: KDG Analyst
Job Req ID: 20216656
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category Compliance and Control
Job Family: Business KYC
- The Nigeria Corporate Banking and Global subsidiaries group is seeking a Know Your Customer (KYC) Analyst to research, prepare and complete the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) due diligence records for UK client base;
- The candidate will be a member of a dedicated team focused on the KYC required by Citi on its Financial Institutions clients;
- The team is responsible for the timely completion of KYC records in assigned portfolio, including “onboarding” and “renewal” records, and managing the population in regard to any expired records;
- Role is 100% and training will be provided.
- Prepare client-specific KYC-related analyses and complete Customer Acquisition Due Diligence where required
- Work with the Business Support Unit to assess documentation requirements for client legal entities and jurisdictions
- Interact with clients to obtain KYC and other compliance information and documentation where escalations from BSU 2.0 are raised
- Undertake KYC activities for the on-boarding of new clients, working closely with the BSU to ensure timely on-boarding and reduction of touch points
- Act as KYCO for approval of KYC records for UK on behalf of Coverage Business
- Assist Coverage team with all KYC related activities (NCOF, NAOF, Credit Only, Client On-boarding, etc)
- Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients
- Liaise with internal Compliance personnel on the application of KYC policy;
- Liaise with Sales Account Managers to ascertain information on the purpose of client accounts, transaction volumes etc.
- Interact with clients, parent account bankers, subsidiary bankers and product partners on AML and KYC-related issues
- Support the wider EMEA KA team with projects which help the organization meet its regulatory deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
- A BSc / BA degree
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Experience with MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Attention to detail with strong follow-up and good judgment
- “Owner / Completer” approach
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritize tasks
- Team Player, able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience and knowledge of KYC preferred, particularly in the Correspondent Banking space;
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience, preferably in Banking;
- Client Service experience and / or Front Office experience helpful;
- Compliance knowledge an advantage;
- Experience working in a global, dynamic environment;
- Knowledge of Citi and Citi KYC systems an advantage;
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Job Req ID: 21260229
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Family: Credit Decisions
Purpose of the Job
- To identify, analyse, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndicated loans and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
Job Background / Context
- In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders’ wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit approval requests / reviews, which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance / Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions – with capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
- Conducting Industry Credit Reviews (ICR’s) and Target Market studies.
- Collaborating with the relationship management teams in ensuring that credit approvals are timely and current.
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags.
- Supporting remedial management initiatives and / or actions, where necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by Credit Reviewers, Internal Auditors, Regulators etc.).
- Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets.
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
- Collaborate in the preparation of the country’s scenario plan.
- Collaborate in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) agreements and related documentation.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy.
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a University undergraduate degree.
- A postgraduate degree in a Financial and / or Business discipline, or a professional accounting and / or financial management qualification.
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 10 years of commercial or investment banking experience with industry and / or specialized knowledge covering key segments of the economy – Oil & Gas, Industrials, FMCG, Telecoms, Public Sector, Financial Institutions etc.
- Proven track record of leadership in originating and / or analysing and / or reviewing / approving credit requests and / or proposals across industry segments
- Proven track record in conducting and / or actively participating in portfolio, industry and / or sectorial reviews and analysis, including articulation, co-ordination and implementation of action plan.
- Product knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury products, Loans and Corporate Finance)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skill.
- Strong computing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong management and organization skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and / or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.