The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Regional Accountant
Job Requisition ID: R3489
Job Location: Abuja
Time type: Full time
- Review and process payments accurately, timely, and safely (to minimize MSH’s risk exposure).
- Ensure that treasury practices in country minimize MSH’s cash exposure.
- Record transactions into financial system (QBO) accurately and timely.
- Ensure accuracy and Completeness of Employee, Vendor, contractor setup details in countries to support effortless quarterly CSI/Fed Checks.
- Perform monthly reconciliation between QBO and CP Trial balances and flag exceptions and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain regular and robust filing of all country offices Bank accounts details on SharePoint.
- Send monthly notification to Country office (CO) for submission of Monthly fund request
- Conduct month and year-end accounting activities accurately and in compliance with MSH and Donor policies and procedures.
- Upload financial data accurately & timely on online payment platforms for onward approval and payment.
- Perform bank reconciliations and ensure that outstanding items are addressed.
- Ensure that financial data between QBO and Cost Point Financials is reconciled weekly/monthly.
- Support Bank Account signatories amendment (removal and addition) of CO banking operations
- Collate, review and submit Country office monthly fund request to HQ treasury for fund transfer to COs
- Maintain the CO Fund Request Smart Sheet Tracker by ensuring correct bank account information and sending notifications to COs
- Review and analyze country cash position to ensure compliance with stipulated MSH KPI Benchmark and advise on necessary adjustment to monthly fund request
- Provide timely troubleshooting support to QBO and CP users in country offices.
- Carry out monthly close of QBO companies after monthly account submission
- Organize and facilitate Country Office capacity building and onboarding activities to ensure there is transfer of skills to Country Finance and Accounting staff
- Support the facilitation of training session on MSH policies and procedures
- Conduct routine spot check of QuickBooks transactions and provide feedback to Country offices
- Performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Maintain the Global Service Unit (GSU) service desk platform ensuring that there is timely and quality response to users.
- Ensure the accuracy of Statutory and termination benefits across MSH offices in accordance with local laws and MSH policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all timesheet recording and reporting are in alignment with the MSH policies and procedures, as well as Donor requirements and local country laws.
- Conduct routine spot checks and control checks throughout the period.
- Ensure that all finance and accounting operations are in alignment with the vision and direction of MSH, Donor requirements and local country laws
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Accounting or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an accounting related role in a similar work or organization. Experience working in a multicultural context is a plus.
- Prior work experience with U. S. Government and non-USG, foundations, or other donors.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (Completed or in progress)
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyse balance sheet and expense account transactions and post required adjusting/allocation journal entries. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel), word processing. Understanding of the tenets of cash control and asset management and must be able to complete timely and accurate account reconciliations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both French and English.
- Experience in the use of accounting software/ERP e.g., QuickBooks, Cost Point
- Good account reconciliation skills, including bank accounts, advance accounts and payroll related liability accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
Click here to apply online
2.) Finance and Admin Assistant
Job Requisition ID: R3536
Job Location: Jigawa
Time type: Full time
- The State Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of finance and logistic provided by the Operations Unit by providing financial and admin support.
- S/he will ensure that all payment related activity in the state is processed.
- She or he will also work with the Finance Team, Senior Operations and Procurement Specialist and State Specialist to coordinate and manage the operation and implementation of project activities in the state.
- Arrange hotel for staff, participants, consultants who are coming to State for assignments.
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required and ensure that packing list, waybills and export documentations where necessary are prepared and ensure that shipping details are communicated in writing promptly to the receiver.
- Calendar management, ensuring conference rooms are booked and Meeting/conference/activity logistics and making sure to update the records regularly.
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure the availability of desks, chairs etc. are ready for them to use on the start day.
- Inventory and Asset Management
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc. required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Coordinate procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services.
- Coordinate catering services for official functions within and outside the office location
- Prepare payment schedules for vendors and participants.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Maintain administration and accounting files.
- Manage payments of taxes and other statutory payments at state level.
- Ensure that payments are compiled, reviewed, and send to country office timely for processing.
- Ensure that entries are entered into project activity tracking logs accurately and timely.
- Follow up on outstanding vendor’s payments and assure timely reconciliation.
- Control consumption of project (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control.
- Ensure compliance with MSH policies and procedures including internal control systems, Global fund guidelines as well as Nigeria Government regulations.
- Create all administrative and financial reports monthly as requested by supervisor.
- Ensure that month and year-end activities are done accurately and in compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by Supervisor
- University Degree / HND in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Accountant and Administrator
- Understanding of key aspects of Accounting
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to learn complex program procedures.
- Experience with Global Fund and U.S Government projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
- Good typing skills. Good memo composition and editing skills. Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Familiar with internet search engines and able to undertake background search on well-defined tasks.
- Able to work independently by managing priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions, and standardized practices.
- Ability to Multitask and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong office and organizational skills
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction.
- Excellent Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and knowledge of Photoshop.
- Learn and become proficient in the firm’s management system (Applied) and other carrier software or websites, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates substantiated as the subject of an investigation for misconduct (exploitation, abuse or harassment) are not eligible to apply.
3.) GHSA MTaPS Volunteer
Job Requisition ID: R3529
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The GHSA MTaPS volunteer will provide support and assistance for the implementation of interventions related to the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) portfolio of MTaPS Nigeria, along with providing contribution to GHSA work-related writing and documentation.
- The volunteer assistance and support will focus on areas of infection prevention and control (IPC); optimizing the use of antimicrobials including antimicrobial stewardship (AMS); and multisectoral coordination (MSC) on antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
- The volunteer will provide support to and works in close collaboration with and guidance from the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) for the GHSA/AMR Nigeria portfolio. As required, the volunteer will also work with MTaPS Nigeria program teams and other technical staff to support GHSA work and other activities related to strengthening pharmaceutical management systems.
- In close collaboration with and guidance from the STA/GHSA-AMR lead, support country-level technical implementation of MTaPS GHSA activities with a specific focus on IPC, AMS, and MSC-AMR domains of work.
- In close collaboration with and guidance from the STA/GHSA-AMR lead, provide support for drafting/creating/revising high-quality, well-structured, and readable technical reports, success stories, case studies, technical highlights, website contents, manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal submissions, and other technical & communication materials that showcase MTaPS GHSA activities and achievements.
- In addition, support the review and copy-editing of other technical write-ups, documentation, and deliverables from both HQ and country programs, as needed.
- In close collaboration with and guidance from the STA/GHSA-AMR lead and other team members, contribute to the drafting and finalizing of GHSA sections of MTaPS quarterly and annual reports; GHSA semi-annual reports; and other GHSA-related reports (as needed), including detailed end-of-project write-ups highlighting GHSA’s portfolio-wide and country-specific activities and achievements.
- Take initiative in probing, exploring, and extracting the necessary information from country technical subject matter experts responsible for IPC, AMS, and MSC-AMR to feed into the above-mentioned documentation and deliverables.
- In addition, support literature search, as needed, to feed into the above process.
- Support planning, organizing, and creation of capacity-building/training materials & courses and data collection/analysis covering GHSA/AMR areas for external audiences and MTaPS staff as required.
- In close collaboration with STA/GHSA-AMR lead, and members of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Learning (MERL) and Knowledge Management teams, support in identifying, interpreting, writing, graphically displaying, and creating other appropriate visualizations of both data-based and qualitative accomplishments related to GHSA activities.
Required minimum education:
- Graduate Degree in a health-related field with training and/or experience related to AMR or other relevant health areas; physician, nurse, pharmacist, or other public health qualification preferred.
Required minimum experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in pharmaceutical management and/or other public health areas
- Experience in GHSA, infection prevention and control activities, antimicrobial stewardship, and/or other areas of AMR containment are desirable.
- Experience with public health programs in developing country context supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID, CDC, and international agencies such as the Global Fund, UNITAID, WHO and World Bank desirable.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization which requires the ability to work across many different units to achieve desired goals.
Required minimum skills and competencies:
- Writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Skills in high-quality health-related technical writing are required – demonstrated strength in this aspect will be considered a strong asset for the position.
- Competence to assess priorities and managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, national NGOs, private sector groups, other international implementers, USAID, CDC, and other donor organizations.
- Record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision
- Commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, and supporting creative initiatives.
- Strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or guidance.
Click here to apply online