NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement - all grounded in learning science - to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: IT Operations Associate
Job Location: Ekiti
Employment Type: Full Time
- IT Operations is responsible for last mile delivery of technology, ensuring that everyone from school staff to executives, all have the functioning technology they need to excel at their jobs.
- It also oversees the technical infrastructure that supports and connects all of our global offices, as well as the back-office systems that power our customer care centers, finance teams, warehouses, and more.
- Within the technology group, IT Operations also holds the distinction of being the only department with a dedicated presence in each of our operating territories, meaning that is also the key conduit and primary advocate for all aspects of technology at our, ensuring the work done by the other technology departments delivers on its potential.
What You Will Do
- Provide first line technical support to school staff, assisting them to diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems remotely and in person
- Visit operational sites to assist school staff by deploying academy technology, including both new installations and redeployment of existing equipment
- Provide technical support for teaching accessories including smartphones, teacher tablets, power banks, and any other assets that may be made available
- Maintain a high degree of customer service support for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and policies
- Maintain a record of any software or hardware problems detected, escalate when appropriate
- Use data provided by reports to detect and even anticipate problems in the field so as to drive resolution before the issue is even reported
- Ensure the efficiency and reliability of Internet service and computer environment in the support office
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations, and carrying out routine procedures
- Fix teaching technology hardware issues like broken charging ports, depleted batteries, screens etc.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor degree in IT, or related Information Technology field of study
- Minimum two years of work experience in the ICT environment
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC hardware
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Basic experience with routers, switches, and firewalls
- Ability to use tools like soldering irons to fix hardware issues
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and performing tasks like changing batteries, screens, motherboards, and other working equipment in order to fix broken devices like tablets and smartphones
- Experience with Microsoft suite applications and exposure to basic troubleshooting
- Understanding of TCP/IP and Local Area Networks
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Good research skills, including the ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
- Knowledge of Android operating system and smartphones
- Vendor neutral industry certification such as: Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Network+, A+, or MCTIP certification.