IT Networking Specialist at Tenaui Africa Limited
Tenaui Africa Limited (Canon) is the leading supplier of Production Printers, Office Printing Equipment, Large format printers, photographic equipment & consumables, Mini Lab spare parts, accessories and other related photographic materials in Nigeria.
We are the leading supplier of New and Reconditioned Mini Labs in Singapore, Middle East and Africa and also supplying photographic equipment. As business to business partners with Canon, we represent them for Printing Solutions within Africa and Middle East.
We have a state-of-the-art showroom situated in Lagos and our presence is marked in major cities within Nigeria to support our customers in these cities and towns around.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Networking Specialist
Employment Type: Part-time
- We are seeking a highly capable network specialist to optimize our company’s IT network. You will be evaluating our network’s performance to increase network capacity, and overseeing network security.
- You will use software programs like UNIX to manage the complexities of a network system.
- You are also responsible for setting up server systems, troubleshooting various software and hardware problems, interconnecting networks via cable enable seamless communication, electronic mailing and intranet activities between departments.
- Analyze, design, build and configure local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN), including installation of network software, firewalls and security settings for all network endpoints to support business growth
- Configure LAN and WAN routers and all related equipment when new systems needed
- Set up desktop computer equipment and install all network and system software, including operating systems and user software packages for new employees
- Set up new users on LAN and / or WAN networks, provide access permissions to approved groups and configure security settings for new employees
- Maintain and back up all networks, including hardware and software updates daily to keep systems running efficiently
- Troubleshoot and identify daily LAN and WAN network issues, including at the user and user group level, to ensure minimal connectivity problems and outage
- Analyze all attempted or successful network security breaches daily to determine breach cause, resolve related issues and secure network to prevent future infiltration
- Evaluate and document LAN and WAN data to ensure networks are performing at peak capacity and suggest solutions to improve performance and mitigate disaster
- He / she have to setup, monitor and maintain the computer network systems for the organization they work for
- He / she has to review the network requirements of the company and setup systems accordingly.
- He / she has to train all the office staff on using the network
- He / she, in consultation with the management, design rules and regulation for the use of the networks which apply to everyone
- Only him/her and the management get access to certain documents in the network, therefore, they have to maintain a thorough check on what work is being done on the networks
- Repair work on the computers and the network also falls in their jurisdiction of work
- Any requirement for computer equipment and software have to be made to the network specialist
- Him/ her have to maintain an inventory of hardware and software equipment that would be require for the network
- Him/her have to oversee the installation of network in new office and other areas of the company where computers of communication systems are being installed
- He / she are in charge of protecting the network system and they also help design the company intranet
- The network specialist have to constantly review and test the systems and improve whenever they can
- Ensuring secure and stable server connectivity and testing network protocols.
- Creating internet domains and optimizing intranet performance.
- Testing data exchange and communication between computers, routers, modems, and servers.
- Installing, updating, and configuring end-user networking accessories.
- Monitoring server capacity and performance to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Running diagnostic tests and performing repairs, as well as developing backup, archiving, and data retrieval procedures.
- Enhancing network security, as well as documenting network processes and cabling layouts.
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure.
- Relevant qualifications include:
- Cisco Certification Program – available at entry (CCENT), associate, (CCNA), professional (CCNP), expert (CCIE) and architect (highest level of accreditation achievable) levels
- CompTIA Certifications – including CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+
- Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) – available at associate, specialist, professional and expert levels
- Microsoft Certifications – including Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) and the higher-level Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- You’ll usually need a degree in a subject such as:
- Computer Science
- Computer Software / Computer Systems Engineering
- Computer Systems and Networks
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Network Security Management
- It may be possible to enter this career without a degree, provided you have significant experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a network specialist.
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to perform network repairs outside of business hours.
Deadline: 5th March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. Please no phone calls.