Internal Auditor at Norrenberger Financial Group
Norrenberger is a Financial Services Group that provides bespoke financial solutions. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Internal Auditor requires a high level of analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgment.
- As an internal auditor you will mainly cover the end to end process for internal audits and liaise with the external auditors for external audit exercise which may include but not limited to an audit of systems, processes, people, assets, liabilities in other aspects of an Investment Management business.
Requirements / Minimum Qualifications
- First degree in Accounting or other related fields
- 5+ years’ experience in internal audit.
- Strong interest in Finance and audit
- Membership of professional bodies like ACCA, ICAN
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Statistical analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and other operational software
- Team player with the ability to think and act independently
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous and fluid situations
- Ability to multi-task; juggle multiple deliverables and perform under very demanding conditions
- Independent, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- High level of passion, integrity, creativity, inquisitiveness and self-confidence.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with Statements of Auditing Standard (SAS).
- Develop and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
- Performance general and application control reviews from simple to complex computer information system
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to the Board through its relevant sub-committee – The Board Audit Committee.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- Reconciles documentation with assets to ascertain accuracy
- Completes standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls
- Participates in meetings with individuals and business units to update auditees on findings and the audit process
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste
- Keep up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, trainings and workshops
- Undertake other related roles as directed by the management.
Deadline: 8th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.