IFC Job Vacancy for Investment Analyst – Financial Institutions Group Africa Region
- Posted On 2017-12-06
- Location Lagos
- Work Hours 0
Join 95,000+ Subscribers and be the first to know of any new vacancy in Nigeria for FREE!
In 2 STEPS :
a] Enter your email address below.
b] Check your inbox / spam folder for our confirmation email.
Expect our next newsletter in your inbox!
| IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In FY17, we delivered a record $19.3 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to help end poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org. |
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global leader, investor and advisor committed to projects in its developing member countries that reduce extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to businesses and governments in the developing world.
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network. FIG has three main objectives: 1) financial inclusion 2) servicing the real economy and 3) mobilizing third-party resources.
The Sub-Saharan African (CAF) division of FIG is looking for four investment analysts to be based in Johannesburg, Nairobi and Lagos offices.Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
|Investment analysts work closely with IFC’s investment officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment analysts help appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and servicing existing portfolio clients. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: |
* Monitoring IFC investments in portfolio companies comprising various types of financial entities.
* Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; creating financial models to support the investment analysis.
* Conducting industry research and associated analysis to inform strategy as well as portfolio and new business decisions.
* Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
* Establishing and maintaining productive relationships to ensure responsive end effective service to portfolio clients.
* Producing internal analytical reports on portfolio risk, impact and performance.
* Liaising with colleagues across departments and geographies to ensure effective collaboration among IFC staff.
|* Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance; |
* At least 2 years of experience in finance, banking, portfolio management or consulting
* Experience in a major financial institution (1+ years) with a proven track record desirable;
* Good knowledge of financial markets in the Africa region;* Strong financial analysis and modelling skills using Microsoft excel and ability to identify key issues;
* Sound numerical, analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of investment, portfolio management and corporate finance and economics;
* Commitment to economic development and keen interest in development finance in emerging markets;
* Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
* Demonstrated teamwork skills;
* Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
* Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas clearly and confidently;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
understanding of French or Portuguese a plus.
All Candidates are invited to indicate their preferred location in their motivational letter and/or CV. The positions require regional and international travel.
IFC values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of IFC member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.