https://www.ngrafcfta.gov.ng/events/ | AfCFTA Nigeria Financial Services & Investment Mobilization Workshop
What is NG-AfCFTA?
His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, inaugurated the National Action Committee on African Continental Free Trade Area (NACAfCFTA) to execute a wide range of actions and programs at regional, and continental levels, to prepare Nigeria for AfCFTA.
The Job of the National Action Committee is to coordinate the activities of MDAs (Ministries Departments and Agencies), the private sector, and other stakeholders to execute the AfCFTA successfully.
How will AfCFTA be enforced in Nigeria?
With the agreement signed, the next step is ratifying the deal, which is merely giving formal consent to the treaty. Once the agreement is approved, it will be adopted following Nigeria’s national laws.
- The Protocols on Trade in Goods; Trade in Services; and the Protocol on Rules and Procedures on the Settlement of Disputes, shall come into force on the date of the deposit of the instrument of accession. ‘Accession’ is an act by which Nigeria signifies its agreement to be legally bound by the terms of a particular treaty.
How do I benefit from NG AfCFTA?
The National Action Committee (NAC) is here to serve in the best way to ease the facilitation of this agreement. NAC will help members of the public and MDAs understand and apply the AfCFTA to practices. To achieve this, NAC plans to:
- Provide up to date information on the agreement status
- Provide information on incentives and means of accessing them
- Advise on the agreement and help structure individual implementation plans
- Make sure Nigeria adheres to WTO free trade standards when implementing the agreement
- Measure the impact of the deal in Nigeria by providing up to date statistical and analytical data
- Review company implementation policies making sure they adhere to government standards
How to Register:
To register for the workshop please visit https://www.ngrafcfta.gov.ng/events