Hotel General Manager in a Five-star Hotel
Avia Nigeria Limited – Our client, a five-star hotel in Ibadan, Oyo state, is recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel General Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Hotel General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel.
- Directs and coordinates hotel activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, and maximize full potential with a balanced focus on the hotels mission, guests, employees and owner’s satisfaction.
- Assigns duties to Heads of Departments and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Provides training to staff and Heads of Departments.
- Acts as the hotels public relations director and promotes the property within the hotel industry, local community and trade associations.
- Monitor the Guest feedback on Trip Advisor, OTA’s etc. and hotels GSTS and RSTS surveys.
- Receives and resolves guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Ensure Adherence to all company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies and service standards.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff, HOD’s and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status reports to GM.
- Audits on par stock in all areas to make sure that all required hotel supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Ensure hotel staff are provided with uniforms and name tags and uphold property grooming standards.
- Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow with regards to hotel policies and procedures.
- Corporate client handling and participation in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism, Professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- 5- 6 years experience in hotel or hospitality business
- Strong problem-solving Skills
- Strong management skills, ability to appropriately delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals.
Deadline: 18th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.