GTCO – Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Risk
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- The Head of Risk has oversight of the risk management function to identify, measure, assess, and mitigate internal and external risks that may hinder the organization from achieving its strategic objectives.
- S/he will be responsible for providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit, and operational risk, ensuring controls are operating effectively, and providing research and analytical support as well as overseeing the communication of risk policies and processes for the organization.
- Establish and quantify the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly
- Design, implement and lead a risk management strategy for the organisation in line with PENCOM risk management framework
- Oversee monitoring of macro-economic activities that may affect business activities, to proactively identify and assess the impact of risks inherent in business operations
- Supervise the risk identification and risk mitigation procedures in the organization
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking and heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Participate in the review and recommendation of asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing and other investment functions
- Conduct stress tests on the organizations risk exposure
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of risk analysis reports to relevant stakeholders including the risk committee, board members and group executives
- Work with Heads of Internal Audit and Compliance on issues requiring shared oversight of pension fund risks.
- Lead and manage the organization’s team of dedicated risk professionals to maximise effectiveness.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of verified professional experience in risk management with at least 4 years in managerial capacity in a PFA business.
- Local and international certifications in risk management, such as Certificate in Risk Management (CIRM).
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets.
- Strong understanding of enterprise risk management concepts, frameworks to proactively identify risks inherent in business operations that can have negative strategic implications for the organization.
- Strong knowledge of portfolio risk management techniques, e.g. key risk metrics for players in the financial markets, capital management, database management, risk analysis etc.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online