Head, Agent Banking at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Agent Banking
Job ID: 64763
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To manage the Bank’s Agent Banking and Financial inclusion strategy through the use of authorized agents to expand the organizational touch point thereby increasing long-term revenue.
- Develop an active agent network and drive the acquisition of @ ease wallets through the Agents and the Agent Banking Team.
- To ensure that the proposition remains profitable through the entire life cycle and attain significant market dominance.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Design, plan and formulate strategies to achieve the bank’s Agent Banking and financial inclusion business goals
- Responsible for the delivery of Agent Banking targets and overall business performance of the Bank’s @ease Agent Network
- Responsible for the growth and expansion of the Bank’s @ease Agent Network
- Monitor and ensure all compliance policies related to Agent Banking
- Liaise with Agents and related stakeholders to implement the Agent Banking strategy
- Carry out Trainings on Agent Banking
- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels within and outside the bank towards the successful implementation of the Agent Banking and Financial Inclusion strategies of the Bank
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders in ensuring the successful implementation of marketing, sales and activation plans
- Design initiatives, promos and market activations that will increase transactions and lead to increased brand visibility
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the agent network to ensure customer acquisition and product adoption at agent locations and through other self- service channels (USSD & Mobile app)
- Represent the business on all Virtual Banking and Agent banking related matters at different forums within and beyond Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Identify alliances and partnerships through which to increase brand visibility and grow the bank’s market share
- Set up the business road map, develop the products and execute the marketing strategies for Agent Banking
- End to end management of the proposition liaising with stakeholders in ensuring all the offerings (Pensions, Mutual funds, insurance, loans, etc) are readily available, suitable for the target market and that the transaction channels are available and seamlessly accessible
- Closely monitor performance, appraise market acceptance, use feedback to initiate modification or enhancements
- Develop MIS reports for portfolio analysis to assist management in decision making and optimisation of the proposition
- Liaise regularly with branch staff, Agents and all stakeholder channels to ensure smooth product sales and customer management
- Ensure continued adherence to governance and compliance in line with regulatory and bank policy
- Carry out periodic market survey to ascertain how competitor’s offering or market changes is impacting on the proposition
Key Performance Measures:
- Number of Agents acquired
- Number of @ease Wallets acquired
- Volume of Agent Transactions
- Volume of customer transactions
- Revenue generation
- Liability generation
- Quality and profitability of strategic partners
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of First Degree (Experience in product & management, and retail banking would be an added advantage)
- 5-7 years’ general banking experience of which 4-5years should have been in a leadership role in Digital Banking; experience in research and development; strategy formulation and execution.