Human Capital Partners is a professional services firm that specializes in the provision of management consulting services covering the entire human resource management value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Head of Operations
Employment Type: Full-time
The Group Head, Operations reports to the Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer. The role will be responsible for:
- Providing overall leadership and supervision for the entire operations of the organisation; reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Overseeing the organisation’s operations function relating to Central Operations, Regional Operations, Treasury Operations and Electronic Banking Operations (Mobile/Internet & USSD).
- Design, develop and keep updated the organisation’s operations manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Manage the organisation’s operational risk exposure by supporting the business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
- Responsible for business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls.
- Ensure compliance with Regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations (Account Opening documentation as it relates to the 3-tier KYC/Limit implementation per account type etc)
- Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, improve service quality and customer service.
- Responsible for Treasury Operations in terms booking and liquidation of investments (Treasury Bills, Bonds and Interbank placements and takens) as consummanted by Treasury.
- Responsible for regulatory returns like remittances to CBN.
- Manage the Banking Operations Department (staff and budget)
- Participate in the development of the organisation’s corporate strategy.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the deliveries of Regional Operations Officers.
- Ensure that the institution’s policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that CBN and other regulatory guidelines are strictly adhered to as it relates to all operations activities.
- Create an environment in which information is effectively shared among the regions and issues are promptly resolved.
- Build customer intimacy and drive speed and quality through an empowered Divisional Structure.
- Co-ordinate activities that ensure current operations, practices and processes are in alignment with world standard and the best practice.
- Define performance goals for the entire team and ensure adequate monitoring/evaluation of achievement of set goals and objectives.
- Constantly innovate ideas and follow through with implementation inorder to position the organisation ahead of competition in transaction processing and service delivery.
- Continuous review of existing processes and procedures to ensure timely updates and fine tuning to drive service improvements.
- Ensure right staffing in Regions/Head office operations and regularly re-appraise the manning levels to balance workload and cost.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or a related discipline. Post graduate Degree or MBA is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in banking operations. At least three (3) years’ in a senior role in operations management in banking and financial services sector.
- Professional qualification – ICAN, ACCA, CIBN, ACA, MBA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Must be emotionally intelligent, innovative and result driven.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills of written and verbal English.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.