Graduate Telesales Officer at ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Telesales Officer
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting Line: Customer Service Team Lead
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Engie Energy Access is looking for bright, highly motivated and disciplined Telesales officer.
- They will be expected to provide excellent customer service to all Engie Energy Access customers or potential customers on social media and other online channels, employ telesales methods to close sales from potential customers from online channels, market storms and activations and track leads to conversion of online leads customer funnel.
Qualifications, Required Skills and Experience
- An OND / HND / Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution
- 1 year of experience in a telesales related role.
- Proven track record of going above and beyond to get the job done
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many different types of people
- A person that does not give up after facing challenges
- A person eager to grow and learn
- Commercial acumen and ability to sell
- Capacity to innovate and create new sales and marketing processes
- Ability to build relationships and work in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Drive to make every sale an excellent customer experience
- Self-starter with a passion for the Engie Energy Access vision to plug in the world.
- Maintain accurate call logs and accurate reporting and qualify leads
- Close Quality Sales
- Ensure the correct and right customer education is given to all potential customers.
- Ensure customer records are stored on DB and data confidentiality is observed throughout the customer application process.
- Build repeat sales through strong customer relationships, rather than using high-pressure sales techniques.
Deliverables and Activities:
- Conduct follow-up calls with new and recent customers, in line with Engie Energy Access’ guidelines and policies.
- Conduct Outbound Calls to new or existing upselling customers.
- Prove commercial and financial awareness of product bundles in completing assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Seek opportunities to learn and develop within Engie Energy Access and through training.
- Analyse the sales funnel: Identifying potentiality of outbound and inbound calls, and where they are in the sales funnel.