Goods Receiving Manager at Jara Stores
Jara Stores – Our client, a leading and growing departmental store in Lagos is expanding her store operations to Benin and seeks to employ the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Goods Receiving Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo
Education and Experience Requirements
- University Degree in Retail, Logistics or Wholesales Management
- 1-2 year(s) experience in a control and supervisory position
- Prior experience in logistics
- Strong sense of accuracy with numbers and quality
- Strong administration skills
- Disciplined and a keen eye for detail
- Strong sense for quality
- Strong logistical and organizational skills
- Able to work according to logic and defined processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Energy, drive and a strong can-do attitude (getting-it-done mentally)
- Ability to multitask
- Control, direct and coordinate the receipt of goods strictly according to the 4-eye-principle
- Ensure that all incoming goods and materials are controlled on quality and volumes, and ensures goods under temperature control are taken into the coolers/freezers immediately.
- Refuse damaged and sub standard goods and register refusals and shortcomings
- Ensure that there are no discrepancies between the number of boxes received (and box content) and materials stated in the document from the supplier.
- Decide on which goods can be transferred to the sales floor for merchandizing the goods, which goods should be stored at the warehouse, and which goods can’t be released yet.
- Ensure that Goods Return and Goods Transfer, is done excellently.
- Ensure a smooth and consistent warehouse operation so that supplies are distributed to the sales floor in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure effective waste management.
Deadline: Monday; 6th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates who are available to work in BENIN should apply.