Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders. Since launching in 2004, Chicken Republic (Subsidiary of Food concepts) has already opened 55 stores in Nigeria and Ghana. On this basis, we are proud of the brand’s hard-earned reputation as the fastest growing chicken QSR in West Africa and the number 1 chicken QSR in Nigeria (both in revenues and number of outlets). In addition, Chicken Republic was ranked as one of Nigeria’s top 20 brands across all categories (Financial Standards Awards 2009).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Graduate Trainee Programme- Lag Mainland
Requisition ID: 1415
Job Location: Lagos
Department: Operations Department
- To deliver operational excellence in Operations, Financial Planning and Control, Customer Service, People Development and Sales Building.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Operations Health & Safety, Loss Control:
- To carry out QSC (Quality, Service & Cleanliness) checks including meat cook outs. Completion of the daily planner tool.
- To ensure regular travel paths to monitor shift control and to identify and correct service, product or quality issues.
- To report all Health & Safety issues to the Restaurant Manager
- To ensure all food and equipment is prepared in time for the restaurant opening or ensure that all food products and equipment are stored in the correct manner prior to closing the restaurant in the evening.
- To draw up and implement staff positioning plans through a shift.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
Business Planning and Financial Control:
- Manage safe controls and ensure all cash is accounted for within the Company Cash Policy.
- To ensure that supervisors implement the stock level control system and maintain stocks correctly.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance checks.
- Ensure compliance to portion sizes and waste target.
- Be a role model for great Customer Service “lead by example”
- Monitor service quality in terms of ordering procedures, and order accuracy of front counter staff.
- Resolve customer complaints promptly.
- Monitor staff to provide Gold Standard service.
- Provide on-the-job training to new staff and corrective training to all staff.
- Develop staff members’ skills and workstation proficiency toward Service Expert level.
- Listen to staff issues and bring to the attention of the Restaurant Manager/ Area Manager or encourage staff to bring up any issues at staff meetings.
- Ensure selling up practices are used.
- Brief staff on promotional activity.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Provide restaurant management with ideas on staff incentives.
- Recognise and acknowledge regular customers to ensure continued return to the restaurant.
- Development of Others
- To manage shift within the restaurant as detailed by the Restaurant Manager/ Area Manager and Maintaining the highest possible standards of customer service, product quality and restaurant cleanliness.
- BSc/HND in any discipline
- A Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in similar role.
- Ensure best customer services – effectively coordinating the activities between the back and front house in delivering superior quality or customer service.
- Manage budget and keep cost under control.