Finance / Tax Officer (M / F) at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance / Tax Officer (M / F)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contractual Hours: Full Time
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Finance / Tax Officer to help with IFS in the Finance Department and other Tax and Finance duties.
Input VAT(TL & ZT):
- Downloading, review and preparation of VAT schedule
- Preparation of associated AF and ensuring final remittance.
Output VAT(TL & ZT):
- Liaising with Accounts Payable for the collection of Pay Advice from Customers
- Preparation of VAT Returns Schedule in the appropriate format
- Completion of VAT Returns Form 002
- Filing the completed VAT Returns Form 002 with the supporting schedule with FIRS.
WHT(TL & ZT):
- Downloading, review and preparation of WHT Schedule of Remittance in line with the Statutory Format for Federal and State Government
- Preparation of associated AF for both State and Federal Government and ensuring final remittance
PAYE(PIT)-TL & ZT:
- Downloading monthly PAYE deductions/schedule from the Payroll/One Drive
- Reconcile PAYE schedule with Payroll
- Preparation of the associated AF ensuring approval and final remittance.
Pension(TL & ZT):
- Downloading staff monthly Pension Contribution Schedule from payroll/One Drive
- Reconcile Pension Contributions with the payroll
- Preparation of the associated AF ensuring approval and remittance
- Maintenance of Historical Master File for all Pensions Contributions and Remittance for easy of reference and reporting.
Insurance & Motor Vehicle Particulars & All Statutory Compliance Data Base:
- Monitoring and updating Insurance and Vehicle Particulars Data Base
- Reporting on due dates and ensuring timely renewal.
Accounts Payable & Receivable:
- Will be trained to relief personnel for Accounts Payable & Receivable when the need arises.
- Carrying out proper documentations of Taxes, Pension, Insurance and all statutory payments and the associated reconciliations where necessary
- Carrying out other duties that may assigned from time to time.
- Accounting Graduate; Associate member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria(ACA) will be added advantage but not mandatory.
- Minimum of 2 Years post qualification experience for ACA holder and 5 years post graduate experience
- Professional office experience(A firm of Chartered Accountants) will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Advance Excel will be an added advantage
- Good Team Spirit
- Hungry for details.
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
- 6 years or more.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity.