Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive – Sales
Job Number: 22148965
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Position Type: Non-Management
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Sales, Data Administration, Accounting) as necessary to resolve guest calls, requests, or problems.
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott, including up-selling.
- Determine and give complimentaries to guests as gifts for their patronage (e.g., rewards points, show tickets, gift certificates).
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Process requests for redeeming Marriott Rewards points.
- Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
- Enter Marriott Rewards information into appropriate software when taking guest reservations.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, faxing).
- Assist management in training and motivating employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.