Driver, RDNG at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver, RDNG
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position N°: 50072440
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities. This will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions. Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
- Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director General and is staffed with the relevant sectoral functions and administrative capabilities for rapid delivery of services to client countries. The Regional Directorates provide overall strategic direction to country offices within the regions and are responsible for the Bank’s operations, business development, project management and overall effective delivery of the Bank’s High 5s”.
The Hiring Department
- The various Country Offices fall within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- The Director General is accountable of the specific African region. Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- The Nigeria Country Department has been established as a special Country Office with a mandate similar to the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Directorates, to oversee the Bank’s operations in Nigeria.
- The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Senior Director and performs office messenger duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Operations with focus to the Office staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Nigeria as and when required;
- Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc.;
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
- Transport the Senior Director or as otherwise assigned in the conduct of the Bank’s operations;
- Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Perform office messenger duties;
- Always represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct;
- Perform any other official duties as requeste
- Hold at least a High School Diploma;
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- Possess any additional documentation and / or certification to carry out the job;
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international / multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Possess working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of automotive equipment;
- Demonstrated initiative; be discreet, honest and have good character;
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in French or English. Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of the internet.
Deadline: 22nd January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the position holder will be recruited at the local level and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.
- Only nationals of nigeria or bank member countries who have the right to reside and work in nigeria will be considered for this position. the bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocations for the position in question.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and / or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct via: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.