A Leading Shipping Company in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring a safe operation of the Company’s vessels
- Provides a link between the Company and those onboard in the vessel
- To ensure adequate resources and shore-based supports
- To ensure effective communication and implementation of all safety measures and environmental protection policy
- To Organise and monitor all Internal Audit Reports and Analysis of Non-conformities, Accidents and Hazardous occurrences
- He should be aware of and compliant to company’s Policies, Standards, Procedures and Safety of critical tasks relating to his assigned job and location.
- The above mentioned are just a few of the roles and responsibilities expected of the successful DPA.
- The DPA should have a minimum of WASCE O’level Certificate and especially being an ex-vessel’s Captain Certificate from an accredited DPA course and institution.
- Applicant must have experiences to present ISM Matters to the Highest level of Management
- The applicant must possess an extensive knowledge of applicable International and National Codes, Guidelines and Standards such as ISM Code, ISPS Code, SOLAS, MARPOL etc
- The Applicant must be fully conversant in English language-in both verbal and written.
Deadline: 14th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.