Consultant at the Civil Society-Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
The Civil Society-Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. CS-SUNN pursues this lofty goal by engaging and mobilizing Government and Non-state actors to advocate for relevant policy implementation, raise awareness, generate evidence, build capacity and stimulate communities to scale-up nutrition in Nigeria, with special focus on maternal and child nutrition. The organizational capacity of CS-SUNN to become a leading voice on nutrition advocacy in Nigeria led to the implementation of the SUN Movement Pooled Fund Project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant to Support the Development of Advocacy Tools on the Christian and Islamic Perspectives of Nutrition.
Reference No: CS-SUNN/2021-01/0005
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Scaling Up Nutrition Movement Pooled Fund (The Pooled Fund) is a source of funding of catalytic and innovative projects to support Multi-Sector/Stakeholder Platforms in SUN Countries to increase the effectiveness and impact of national efforts to end malnutrition in all its forms. Pooled Fund grants will promote engagement of additional relevant actors in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder national plans for nutrition, at national and sub-national level.
- The objectives of Window II of the Pooled Fund is to strengthen linkages and joint collaboration within the Multi-sector / Stakeholder Platform at both the national and sub-national level and to improve the delivery of multi-sectoral nutrition activities that impact nutrition outcomes for nutritionally vulnerable groups including: women, girls and adolescents, and communities at the local level. The Civil Society Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is implementing the Pooled Fund project in the five focal states (Kaduna, Gombe, Kano, Oyo, and Enugu).
- To this effect, CS-SUNN requires the services of a consultant to develop advocacy message tools aims to create awareness, reinforce the importance of nutrition as well as increased commitments of key stakeholders especially religious leaders in improving nutrition outcomes in SUN Pooled Fund project focal states.
Purpose of Assignment:
- The purpose of this assignment is to facilitate the development of advocacy tools through workshops and stakeholder engagements. This activity will include an advocacy tool development and validation workshops that will bring together stakeholders from the subnational and national levels to develop advocacy tools that will support more productive dialogues with religious leaders around nutrition, increase commitment to speak about nutrition and drive much-needed change in the nutrition sector.
Scope of Work:
- As consultant, you are expected to develop draft advocacy tools, facilitate a workshop and submit finalized tools to the CS-SUNN Secretariat.
- The workshop is scheduled to hold in the month of March 2021.
- It is expected that at the end of the validation workshop, finalized advocacy tools with key messages on Christian and Islamic perspectives on food and nutrition are developed.
- You are expected to facilitate major sessions of the three-day workshop in collaboration with CS-SUNN.
- The meeting will involve a series of presentations, brainstorming sessions, and group work towards achieving the objectives of the workshop.
- Participants are community leaders, religion leaders, members of the SUN Networks; Government, UN, SUN Business Network and Civil Society.
- Finalized document on the Christian perspective on food and nutrition
- Finalized document on the Islamic perspective on food and nutrition
- Delivery time for this assignment will be 31st of March 2021.
Anti – Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- CS-SUNN has a zero-tolerance for sexual exploitation and sexual abuse in all ramifications. This is considered gross misconduct. ‘Sexual abuse’ means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Deadline: 4th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their complete offer via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Role title” as the subject of the email.
Please address correspondence to:
The Executive Secretary,
Civil Society – Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN),
Plot 203 Cadastral Zone B02,
Off Oladipo Diya Way (Beside Concordia Apartment),
Durumi District, Abuja.