Human Capital Partners is a professional services firm that specializes in the provision of management consulting services covering the entire human resource management value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer
The Compliance Manager is saddled with the responsibility of:
- Ensuring that the organisation is conducting its business in full compliance with all National Laws, International Laws and Regulations, Professional Standards, Accepted business practices and Internal Standards.
- Demonstrating an Innate and Intuitive Knowledge of the organisation’s goals and cultures, as well as of the greater industry and standard business laws.
- Keeping the organisation’s business dealings ethically sound and legally pristine and with educating the entire organisation and instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
- Ensure that the organisation is fully compliant with the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering statutory policies and procedures to ensure that the organisation complies with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide and obtain deferrals, dispensations and approval when required by the organisation.
- Assist management to ensure internal resources, systems, procedures, and controls are in place, documented and operating effectively to ensure compliance and mitigate any form of risk.
- Provide support to the organisation in complying with new and changing regulations.
- Proactively drive the development and maintenance of good relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate levels.
- Explore potential areas of compliance vulnerability, develop, and implement corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Establishes and coordinates the risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plan to include relevant operational risk assessment, business-specific compliance reviews, other functional compliance reviews, routine checks and approvals.
- Coordinates and performs Regulatory Compliance Reviews in the Company.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
- Coordinate with relevant bodies, legal department, and all other departments as applicable to obtain updates on regulatory changes within the organisation.
- Provide timely regulatory advice and recommendations on key issues and proactively monitor regulatory developments.
- Guide on the proper application and interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies applicable to our business.
- Ensure that the regulations, policies, and requirements are communicated to management and staff members.
- Set control standards and provides advice on the development of appropriate controls for the mitigation of regulatory risks.
- Assist in overseeing relevant administration and licensing as required by the regulatory bodies.
- Implement appropriate compliance reporting to the Executive Management and the Enterprise Risk Management department.
- Work with executive management to ensure that the organisation achieves consistently high levels of compliance with all relevant laws and regulations as well as industry best practices.
- Works with HR for the delivery or procurement of a training program that educates and encourages managers and staff to operate in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Assist in the development of an effective compliance culture by promoting the benefits of ethical business conduct and benefits of compliance.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates the Code of Conduct to ensure continuing relevance in guiding management and employees.
- Use general knowledge of operations undertaken in the jurisdiction to respond to regulatory questions and to keep the local regulator updated on the developments in the business.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to stakeholders, acting as the primary interface to help maintain and build stakeholders’ confidence.
- Promote the building of sustainable relationships between the organisation and other stakeholders.
- Manage and develop client relationships.
- Ensure all procurement and finance policies are adhered to.
- Ensure Effective and Efficient administration of all project accounts and management of internal job costing about the fee and services and resource requirements.
- Review all financial compliance issues with the management.
- Ensure compliance with organisation systems, processes, and procedures.
- Lead and manage the delivery of high-quality services to clients.
- Ensure programme management for timely completion of projects.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Law, or other related disciplines.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience, in a financial service regulated environment in either compliance regulation, risk, audit or legal department.
- Certification in Risk and Compliance Management is required.
- Good knowledge of techniques and tools in operational risk management and quality assurance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to problem-solve.
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English.
- Strict attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.