The Enugu State College of Education (Technical) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer of the College who is responsible to the Provost for the overall administration and coordination of the College Library, its branches in the Schools and Departments, as well as in providing for the entire College community.
- Maintain library policies and ensure that both college and departmental libraries are well equipped, properly managed, and functional.
- Prepare library Budgets.
- Be accountable to the Provost to ensure the smooth day to day running of the libraries.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates for the post of College Librarian should not be below the rank of Deputy Librarian and must satisfy the following requirements:
- The applicant must be at least 35 years of age and must be able to serve one full term of 4 years before he/her attaining the retirement age of 65 years.
- The Librarian must possess a minimum of PhD. in LS / LIS / LS.Ed., etc. with at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- Be a member of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria. Certification from a professional library agency, such as LS certification is an advantage.
- Have evidence of scholarly publication of articles and/or books in high impact professional journals and/or presses, respectively. Demonstrate evidence of in ICT competence.
- Evidence of attendance of continuous mandatory professional development is required.
- All candidates must submit a clear two-page statement of four-year vision and mission for the Enugu State College of Education (Technical) with reference to their office of interest.
Conditions of Service
- Candidates will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the terms and conditions of Service for staff of Enugu State College of Education (Technical) Enugu, and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College, and/or the Honorable Commissioner for Education in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
- The appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance. Candidates may be eligible for reappointment for a second term of four (4) years subject to institutional evaluation of satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit twenty (20) type-written copies of their application (including Curriculum Vitae and Credentials), including the following information:
- Full Name
- Mobile Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birt
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies.
- List of Academic joumals and Creative Output.
- Experience, posts held with duration.
- Evidence of Professional Affiliations and Collaboration.
- Demonstration of evidence of ICT Complaince.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of which must be able to evaluate the applicant's academic and professional standing.
- Signature and date.
Applications should be enclosed in an envelope respectively marked "College Librarian" at the right-hand corner, depending on the position they are applying for, and addressed to:
Enugu State College of Education (Technical),
Submit their Applications (including Curriculum Vitae and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees on the curriculum vitae, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Registrar, Enugu State College of Education (Technical) Enugu State, Nigeria.