Civil Engineer at WACOT Rice Limited
Prefer not to state
WACOT Rice Limited is a rice processing company which operates a state-of-the-art rice mill in Argungu, Kebbi State, Nigeria. The mill is one of the largest rice mills in Africa and sources paddy from various paddy producing states across Nigeria. WACOT Rice also engages in out-grower farming programs with paddy farmers to boost their yields and guarantees off-take of paddy from farmers through buyback arrangements. The rice mill is based on a robust sustainability platform and the company produces two leading brands of parboiled rice – BIG BULL and PATRIOT.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Location: Argungu, Kebbi (Office/Field Based)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Grade: 3
Objective / Purpose of Job
- Responsible for designing, managing various construction projects such as building, roads, foundations, structural buildings, general utility etc.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Manage, design, develop. Create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- To manage and ensure precise land and construction surveys like ALTA/ACSM Survey, Boundary Survey, Construction Survey, Location Survey, Site Planning Survey, Subdivision Survey and Topographic Survey.
- Perform or oversee surveying operations to establish building locations, site layouts, reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Manage design and use all applicable norms on building, roads, foundations, superstructures, structural buildings etc.
- Manage budgets and purchase of equipment/materials.
- Prepare cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labour to determine a project’s economic feasibility.
- Conduct on-site investigations and analyse long range plans and data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other) and design projects.
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors during the planning and risk analysis stages of a project.
- Analyse the results of tests on building materials, such as concrete. Asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects.
- Compile and submit permit applications to Local, State, or Federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
- Oversee and analyze the results of soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations.
- Manage the repair, maintenance, and replacement of infrastructures.
- Assess potential risks, materials and and costs, provide advise and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Financial Targets
- Operational Targets
- Customer Targets
- Reports to: Projects Manager
- Supervises: All Civil Team Members.
Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Requirements
- B.Eng/B.Tech in Civil Engineering or related discipline from a reputable University.
- Computer literacy and IT skill/Power Point presentation.
- AutoCAD and other project software like Primavera or programs compatible for Gantt charts/activity chart.
- Knowledge of civil engineertools and their uses/reading outputs like vernier calipers, measuring tape, plum bob, water level, spirit level.
- Good in MS Office/Power Point.
- Knowledge of survey tools like Total Station Theodolite, Clinometer, Optical Level, Laser Level, GPS/GNSS, Dutch Hill T-REX Composite Tripod, Site-Pro Single, Tilting Prism System, sub-Surface, LL-3 Locator, SECO 2-Meter GPS Rover Rod and others.
- Good communication, interpersonal and Man management skills.
- Strong team working skills, with an ability to motivate others and to lead or manage teams and projects.
- SOP and HSE implementation skills.
- Relevant work experience with independent managing for at least 10 years. Ready to take challenges.
- Will work unbound by working hours, should be willing to work in remote location.
- 40% – 60%.
Deadline: 28th September, 2021.