Career Opportunities at Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- The Risk Manager will play a critical role in establishing the framework for evaluating and monitoring the Enterprise Risk management techniques across the Sahara entities in different locations.
- Key deliverables include providing a holistic view of the key risks that affect the businesses and identify business opportunities
- Collaborating with various Sahara entities to identify, assess and implement robust risk mitigation strategies.
- Support in streamlining various business processes and establish more effective internal controls to drive profit maximization and reduction of costs
- Facilitate the standardization and uniformity of the business processes across the Group
- Promote a risk-aware culture within Sahara business locations
- Design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial and non-financial impact on the company if a risk crystalizes.
- Identify potential regulatory and non-regulatory risks through thorough and ongoing risk assessments with relevant business leads.
- Liaise with the business to identify Company / team specific risks to maintain & update the Business Risk Assessment.
- Evaluate identified risks against a variety of information & factors (e.g. documents / statistics / reports / trends) to provide commentary and recommendations about how to mitigate these risks;
- Drivee service levels from the Risk & Compliance function to ensure that the operational risk needs of the business are serviced appropriately, through maintenance / reporting and controls of key areas;
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise risk management framework across all jurisdictions.
- Identify and manage the Company’s operational risk priorities.
- Ensure the risk priorities are effectively addressed through a regular testing program of the standard policies, procedures, systems, and controls.
- Initiate action to address any gaps or deficiencies identified during the remediation process.
- Provide insightful, quality reporting to internal Boards, Committees, and other key stakeholders to support risk processes.
- Manage the completion of the Annual Risk & Compliance Staff Declaration.
- Contribute to Risk Committee meetings on current risk issues and developments.
- Maintain an open and productive relationship with the Company’s insurers.
- Overseeing and testing the Group Business Continuity Plan.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain a Group Risk register for the Board.
- Update the Board on recent developments around global risk management practices.
- Conducting policy, process, and compliance reviews, which may include liaising with internal / external auditors.
- Evaluate employees’ risk awareness and provide support and training within the company where necessary.
- Draft the Risk management plan, risk training strategy, and the continuous awareness program.
- BSc / BA in Finance, Accounting, Law, Social Sciences, an IT course or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years Risk Management experience in a managerial/supervisory position.
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Sound knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) Integrated Framework, Fraud and Anti-money laundering Frameworks.
- Strong experience in the analysis of business metrics and the formulation of Key Risk and Performance Indicators
- Technically strong with good IT ability.
- Excellent relationship management skills – proven experience of building internal & external relationships, through strong interpersonal and team working skills
- A relevant Risk Management qualification (E.g., Professional Risk Manager – PRM) is an advantage.
- Executive Directors
- Managing Directors and Business / Unit Heads
- Head-Group Audit , Risk, HR and other Heads of entities, and staff
- Service providers, Vendors and Consultants
Job Title: Plant Performance Technical Adviser
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Develop strategic plans for plant performance optimization with focus on heat rate reduction and improved critical equipment and their sub-equipment (e.g. boiler, turbines, and heaters) performance.
- Evaluate plant process and performance software options and recommend suitable software for the plant use
- Design thermodynamic models for all related equipment and systems
- Train plant performance engineer and efficiency analyst on use of software to design equipment and systems models as well as plant thermodynamic process models.
- Develop the framework and criteria for monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting deviations between operational data, expected predictions (based on models) and long-term operating trends
- Develop models that will assist prediction of fuel, raw water, water treatment chemicals and other consumables, compared to current and long-term trends. Also analyze results and proffer recommendations for improvements.
- Advise and guide maintenance and operations teams on subjects of improvements in plant performance (equipment) and thermal efficiency.
- train as well as guide performance engineers on troubleshooting abnormal operating events and coordinating solutions.
- Train the performance engineers and efficiency analyst on performance test codes, performance testing results preparations (data collection, analysis and reporting), thermal efficiency computation – heat balance method and thermal accounting.
- Advise and guide POPIT (Plant Operations & Performance Improvement Team) on working plant performing testing vendor before and after overhaul performance tests.
- Develop an advisory document for management decisions on Egbin’s need to develop full capacity for performance testing. The document will cover the models, the instruments, tools, equipment, transmitters as well as manning for such capacity.
- Fully evaluate the plant performance level vis- a-vis existing technology and recommend cost effective technology change or retrofits for performance improvements
- General adviser on plant thermodynamic process and equipment performance, thermal efficiency and all related subjects.
Education & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience with performance thermal performance specialist with at least 15 years cognate experience
- Experience working in thermal Power plants with Similar equipment like boiler, turbines, condensers, heaters and compressors
- Experience with various thermodynamic simulation and related software to design models.
- Experience with performance testing and reporting as well as performance testing codes.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proven track record of performance improvements in similar power thermal
- Ability to communicate effectively (Verbal and Written) in English
- Ability to train and coach
- Ability to develop executable strategic plans with methodology for monitoring and evaluating progress.
Job Title: Technical Adviser – Overhaul Project Manager
Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Responsible for planning, supervising and managing overhaul maintenance activities with combustion and steam turbine (with emphasis on attached specifications).
- Also, support plant operations for reliability and availability issues, while assisting Engineering with the technical and operational troubleshooting on emergent issues.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical direction on project management for major overhauls of combustion and steam turbines and associated auxiliary equipment by outside contractors and/or support maintenance staff to include work identification, condition assessment, repair procedures, vendor qualifications and start up after outages.
- Ensure the overhaul of the steam turbine, boiler and control protection system is planned and progresses as scheduled to meet performance and cost objectives.
- Perform reliability/risk assessments on combustion steam turbine components and auxiliaries.
- Support plant operations with identification of best operation and maintenance practices for combustion and steam turbines.
- Evaluate various maintenance programs and practices and make recommendations to optimize maintenance cost effectiveness, work quality, outage time and availability.
- Provide input on existing and new long-term maintenance plan for combustion and steam turbines and components.
- Developing and training of Project supervisors in TREP in Overhaul supervision technics through in-house knowledge sharing sessions.
Education & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- BSME desired or equivalent experience with a minimum of 15 years inclusive combustion and steam turbine maintenance project experience.
- This individual should have first line supervision experience in supervising Steam Turbine overhaul maintenance with experience working on Hitachi (or Equivalent) Steam Turbines. In-depth knowledge of trends and developments in global accounting and finance practice.
Skills & Competencies:
- This individual should have knowledge of correct tooling and rigging required to perform maintenance activities on various types of static and rotary machines such as alignment machine and balancing machine.
- Ability to collect, integrate and analyze information from multiple sources to create cohesive, fact- based analysis.
- High proficiency in MS word, Projects, Excel, Power point and outlook and other office programs.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with Knowledge and experience in project cost estimation.
- Strong network of industry contacts (Power plant OEMs, IOC etc.) from which to willingly generate investment or development opportunities for Egbin.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Excellent command of English language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Security & Safety Coordinator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Part Time
Level: Senior Manager / Supervisor
- The Security and Safety Coordinator helps oversee and coordinates the day-to-day safety operations of Sahara Group. The role is responsible for the safe and secure operations, as well as, for executing company-wide safety policies to comply with OSHA and other applicable regulations.
- The role will effectively and efficiently manage the security and safety function companywide which includes crisis management planning, emergency response, strategic input and coordination to harmonize Sahara Security and Safety Policies, Processes, and Procedures towards ensuring efficient & effective security Operations.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Submits recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Coordinates the safety and security programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Coordinates Executive Protection, Travel Security and Protocol Service-Coordination of Airport Activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of safety and security programs.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm staff or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Plan and Implement OHS policies and programs
- Advises and leads employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepares daily, monthly and quarterly report and other office documentations.
- Prepares and implements departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
Minimum Requirements / Experience
- University Degree is required. (Preferably Associates degree in Law Enforcement or Business Management).
- Minimum of 12 years of cognate experience in security management, 5 of which must be in senior officers’ cadre of the Police / Military / Intelligence agency.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Candidate must demonstrate good knowledge and capability to analyze and forecast security and political dynamics in Nigeria.
- Strong security and intelligence assets for government engagement and stakeholder’s management will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be able to drive and have a valid drivers license.
Knowlege & Skills:
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours.
- Persuasiveness, decisiveness, detail-conscious and integrity.
- Flexibility, drive, assertiveness and stress tolerance
- Strong project management skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Good Communication skills
- Confident, energetic, articulate, customer-centric and hardworking team leader with a desire to excel and a passion for work.
- Executive Management
- Head of Security and Safety
- External Stakeholders
- Government Agencies
- All Staff
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.