Buckler Systems Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now!
Buckler Systems is a Nigerian defense solutions provider with strong expertise in manufacturing civilian armored vehicles, design, and prototyping of military vehicles and ordnance equipment. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Operations Manager (Logistics)
Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Business Operations Manager (BOM) of Buckler Journey Management Systems is responsible for improving Business and operational processes, identifying potential business opportunities, strategic planning and development of Buckler Journey Management System. He also has the responsibility of negotiating and closing business deals while maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Ensure the smooth run of day-to-day activities of the business through proper supervision, planning and management.
- Maintain vehicles in peak operating condition and ensure strict servicing time limit.
- Ensure the quality of the B.J.M.S’ products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure all B.J.M.S’ operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way.
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
- Ensure proper arrangement, orderliness and safety of the vehicles.
- Oversee operational activities at every level of the business unit.
- Ensure all systems operate smoothly and align with B.J.M.S quality standards.
- Coordinate with the HR department to ensure hiring plans meet B.J.M.S business needs.
- Responsible for optimising fleet utilisation and delivering maximum profit on business.
- Partner and communicate with manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
- Create/develop and review administrative processes such as mileage charges, parking fines etc.
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction and financial commitments are met.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce, and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, and inventory management.
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors.
Strategic planning and Implementation:
- Create marketing strategies, including budget planning and implementation.
- Develop new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost.
- Produce and review SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis to ensure B.J.M.S is at a competitive advantage.
- Prepare operational reports and recommend procedures to be used to manage and coordinate various activities.
- Maximize the efficiency of all business procedures as well as monitor daily operations and address potential issues as they arise.
- Ensure the application of procedures to automobile repairs and maintenance.
- Employ strategies to ensure company’s growth.
- Create, monitor and review work flow and work orders to reduce delay.
- Interpret Market trends and adapt to industry changes.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increase in sales.
- Work with the internal team to develop strategies that speak to customer’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- strategize process improvements to ensure everyone completes their tasks on schedule.
- Work with the management team in spearheading the company’s expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients.
Customer / Client Management:
- Develop a rapport with existing and new customers, and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Ensure existing clients stay satisfied and positive.
- Maximize operating potential to exceed customers’ expectations and company goals.
- Manage customer’s orders and come up with new sales ideas.
- Conduct surveys to understand customers’ needs and areas of development in the business.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Develop successful, high-performance teams through effective training, motivation, and communication.
- Build processes that meet B.J.M.S business objectives and ensure compliance.
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Finance and Budgeting:
- Monitor financial data and recommend solutions that will improve profitability.
- Take into account the needs of external and internal stakeholders and incorporate them into new strategic plans.
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability.
- Negotiate service level agreement and ensure the company vehicles are in top shape.
- Prioritize and manage company resources in order to meet goals and objectives.
- Maximize the efficiency of all business procedures.
- Work closely with Finance Business team to develop annual fleet budget, using extensive industry knowledge and B.J.M.S fleet data to underpin business decisions.
- Interested candidates should possess a BSc, Master’s Degree / MBA with 5 – 10 years work experience.
1st September, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.