Billing & Charging Systems Analyst at Huawei Technologies Company Nigeria Limited
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Billing & Charging Systems Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information or any related field with evidence of proven experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ work experience with at least Three (3) years in a Telecom Billing and Charging systems role.
- Prior experience in Telecommunication in an Operations / Services / Technology environment.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good knowledge and use of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Unix Operating System
- Good analytical skills & strong attention to details.
- Excellent ability to express ideas verbally, including strong presentation skills.
- Good engagement & communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage pressure
- Monitor and analyse daily call data records to ensure they are in trend, investigate, escalate and/or fix issues where they exist.
- Work closely with Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management department to reconcile call data records and report exceptions or possible fraud for further investigation
- Coordinate and conduct sample/test bill run and work with the IT Testing and Revenue Assurance & Fraud Management teams to ensure validation is complete for approvals before the actual bill run is initiated
- Ensure that all participating call data events are well and completely processed at the end of each month
- Complete error CDR resolution and bucket management
- Plan, coordinate and conduct actual bill run on the 1st day of the new month, give regular updates on progress to all stake holders till completion.
- Ensure summarized bills are sent via SMS and email upon successful validation and approvals by Revenue Assurance and Fraud department
- Conduct post bill run analysis, generate reports required by all stakeholders and send within agreed timelines
- Monitor the generation of Age debt reports and ensure it is sent on or before the 7th day of the new month
- Manage and engage internal customers (Enterprise, Finance, Customer Care and Revenue Assurance)
- Resolution of all escalated Billing and Charging Systems issues (ticket and emails) with agreed service levels and give quality feed back
- Manage all charging system nodes handling rating, billing ,accounts receivables, dunning control and other related activities and ensure a pro-active working condition for both hardware and software
- Ensure proactive monitoring of the systems through available tools & key performance reports and make sure all alarms are treated on priority
- Ensure all business and system reports are accurately and duly generated for business decisions.
- Ensure new software releases pass the quality test, are fit for purpose and deployed successfully.
- Analyse new business requests and proffer best practice solutions with appropriate cost and no impact to legacy systems.
- Ensure transfer of knowledge to other team members and good handshake with interfacing departments