Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant Internal Control Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Drive delivery of assigned work on time, within agreed budget, and in accordance with audit methodology and agreed quality standards.
- Provide an independent opinion on the governance, risk, and control environment of the Company.
- Deliver and communicate audit results to executive management.
- Apply industry knowledge and technical expertise and support the compliance team in learning and developing through proactive analysis and shared experience.
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Determine, plan, perform and supervise the delivery of the Business’ risk-based audit plan.
- Develop and mentor the Compliance team; provide enhanced training and career planning.
- Provide thought leadership to management and the compliance team in terms of leading internal audit and internal control practices.
- Independently evaluate controls and compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulations across finance, IT, and operations, and will regularly make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the process of assessing the adequacy, effectiveness, and compliance of the internal controls utilized to contain risks.
- To assist The Head of Compliance Assurance in serving as a catalyst for change and serve as a supportive audit consultant to all levels of management, and proactively recommend value-added and practical improvements to risk management, as well as to the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Initiate and implement action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting.
- Monitor continuous improvement of audit methodology and practices through the adherence to documented procedures and standards (best practices), ensuring consistency of working practice and quality of employees across all audit teams.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide internal clients with an understanding of company’s expectations.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfactions.
- Issue all Compliance Audit reports, ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Review of supplier’s invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Minimum of HND / BSC in Finance/Accounting or any other related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role from any FMCG environment, and Practice
- Relevant Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA) is required.
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management, Regulatory Agencies, Statutory mandates, IFRS/IAS is essential
- Good data gathering, analysis, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Power Point presentation knowledge is required.