Airport Manager at Green Africa Airways Limited
Green Africa Airways Limited is a value airline based in Lagos, Nigeria. We are a new carrier that offers safe, reliable and affordable air travel to a much broader group of customers. This positions us as a significant contributor to the economic development of Nigeria and the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Airport Manager
Experience Level: Advanced
- Elaborate and propose the budget for the Airport.
- Plan, authorise expenses within approved budget.
- Inform relevant services of non-forecasted increase of contracted and non-contracted services.
Management & Administration:
- Assist and inform the HQ procurement Manager in local contract negotiation.
- Monitor local contractors as per approved SLAs.
- Attend Management meetings (Agency meetings or Airport Managers meeting).
- Provide feedback on local difficulties.
- Participate in the implementation of global policies.
- Represent Green Africa’s interests in the local airline community through the AOC.
- Verify, code and approve all expenses generated.
- Supervise the production of all required statistics.
- Delegate all general queries and ensure prompt reply.
- Chair and animate a weekly Airport Services management meeting.
- Review of our performances and plan corrective actions.
- Establish new projects.
- Plan, organise with Human Resources advisor all staff recruitment.
- Initiate and conduct disciplinary actions
- Establish the roster for staff to cover the needs of our daily operation.
- Animate and promote Team building, empowerment of staff and support employee’s development.
- Authorise and compute leave days for all staff.
- Direct and delegate all Customer Relations queries. Analyse and plan corrective measure to avoid re-occurrence.
- Promote and plan internal customer service initiatives.
- Plan internal training for all Airport personal.
- Outsource and select external training initiatives acceptable by Human Resources and Ground Operations HQ.
- Elaborate contingency planning for irregular operations and direct, support the team during those.
- Partner with Commercial liaison during flight disruptions and IROPs
- Monitor daily operations to verify conformity.
- Overheads Budget
- Excess baggage / penalty waivers.
- Represent Q9 in the airline community.
- Defend Q9’s interest with the Airport’s authority.
- Monitor and negotiate with suppliers and contractors.
- Respond to Customer queries
- Answer employee’s query and counselling of staff.
- Interact with all GWG departments on issues arising within the department.
- Discuss and propose possible amendments or new procedure within GWG to resolve these issues.
Decision Making – Accountabilities:
- Hiring of new recruits and internal promotion within agreed budget.
- Authorise and prioritise expenses within approved budget. Negotiate with local contractors.
- Ensure that general company policies are adhered to.
- Prevent fraud and protect company’s revenue.
- Control all expenditures.
- 5 years’ experience in a Management role within the airline industry.
- People management skills.
- Human Resources and local Conditions of Employment knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
Commitment to Excellence:
- Our commitment to building a world-class airline with exceptional customer service and superior safety standards is a social responsibility that every new gTalent joining Green Africa must uphold when it comes to our Safety, Security, Culture, and 5- Point Promise to Customers.