African Development Bank Group (AfDB) Recent Job Recruitment
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer (Procurement)
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Position Number: 50050175
Position Grade: PL5
- The Vice-Presidency, Corporate Services and Human Resources Complex (CHVP), ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department:
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (CHIS) mission at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s (AfDB) Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible IT services for Bank Staff and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of f the Business Solution Development & Program Management Division(CHIS.1), the Specialist performs systems configuration, development, and maintenance work in all phases of applications life cycle for the ERP system from business process analysis, process design through testing, implementation, and support primarily in SAP SRM, MM & Ariba modules.
- The Specialist performs functional requirement analysis, functional configurations in SAP SRM, MM & Ariba modules, develops technical specifications, performs application development and unit testing.
- This includes custom solutions identified along with associated forms, reports, and data views.
- In addition, this role enables user acceptance testing, develops technical and use documentation, and provides second level technical support in coordination with internal and external partners.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, CHIS.1, the key duties and responsibilities of the Senior SAP Solutions Development Engineer are:
- Perform functional requirement analysis, functional configurations and maintenance of SAP SRM & MM Modules, ABAP(RICEFWS), FIORI UI5, O-Data Services, Webservices, REST & SOAP, WebDynpro, FMP development and maintenance in S4 HANA ERP system and related interfaces primarily in the areas of SAP SRM & MM Modules.
- Produce technical specifications and documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis. Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and African Development Bank resources, rules and regulations.
- Perform system maintenance and production support to SAP SRM module, also, performs configurations related to Supplier Self Services and Supplier Registration, Self Service Procurement Processes, Contract Management, Procurement Documents in SRM and ERP, Portal UI and WebDynpro UI configuration; field control, Bidding, Auctioning and E-Sourcing Processes, Catalog Management and Workflow implementation.
- Perform Maintenance and custom developments on MM module covering topics such as Purchase requisition, PO, SES, Invoice postings, workflows, configurations in Account assignment, Assets management etc.
- Perform and Coordinate development activities in S4H Cloud such as SAP BTP, Cloud integrations, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), Side-by-side extensibility.
- Perform pre migration analysis, impact analysis and data migration plan for migration project from SAP SRM to Ariba and helping on decision making on cutover plans for migration from SRM to Ariba.
- Act as a back-up resource person for other functional areas in the team as and when required.
- Provide support for application development in business areas outside of SRM & MM modules as required based on priorities.
- Perform any other relevant duties requested by the supervisor.
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge):
- At least Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related disciplines.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in SAP ABAP development with at least three (3) years’ experience in SAP HANA.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP SRM & MM Modules.
- Good Exposure to SAP Ariba & SAP BTP (Business Technology Platform).
- Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP technical framework especially concerning: ABAP(RICEFWS), FIORI UI5, O-Data Services, Webservices, REST & SOAP, WebDynpro, FMP development.
- Full end to end understanding of SAP implementations, development, quality, and production environments in SAP related competencies such as SAP ABAP (RICEF), Workflow, SAP NetWeaver, ECC 6.0, S/4 and MDM.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Good understanding and functional experience of other SAP modules will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in other non-SAP applications and different technologies will be an added advantage.
- ABAP Certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 12th June, 2022.
Note: This position is classified as international recruitment and attracts international terms.